Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekend Fun

On Saturday night, we decided to try Blue Sky Burgers again. My curiosity was too much, I just couldn't wait! So, it was very crowded once again, but Josh was sweet and said he would wait because he knew how much I wanted to try it! The line was almost out the door, but it moved fairly fast considering. We were getting annoyed with the people who would get up to the counter and still not know what they wanted to order. Come on, people! You should be figuring out what you want while you are in line!

I ordered a cheeseburger with green chiles and grilled jalapenos. Mmm! It was really good! I have never tried grilled jalapenos, but it was delicious. We also got an order of fries to split, which were very good as well. Overall, the food was good, and the atmosphere was nice too. We had to wait a little while to find an open table, and noticed a few others doing the same. However, I think once the newness wears off a little, there will be less waiting there. They do not have a website, and are located on 98th St., just west of Quaker.

Sunday morning I made my "Hippie Yogurt" again, this time with blueberries and chopped strawberries. I knew I would be eating tons of junk at our Super Bowl party, so I tried to have a healthy breakfast and lunch.
I also had a cup of coffee in my Cafe Du Monde mug to support the Saints!


For lunch I made these bagel sandwiches, which were a toasted whole wheat bagel with scrambled eggs (which I cooked with chopped jalapenos in them), shredded low fat Mexican cheese, fresh chopped cilantro, and my homemade salsa. Pretty tasty!

1 comment:

  1. Blue Sky love! Green chiles are amazing on everything.

    I have no idea how I found your blog....West Crust link maybe? Everything you make looks so good! Very inspiring!

    I hope this isn't too creepy, but I just started a food blog of my own. The link is www.whiskheraway.wordpress.com.

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete