Sunday, February 28, 2010

Back Home

I got back in town last night, and since Josh wasn't back yet, I figured it would be a good night to pick up Thai food, throw on my sweats, and watch the end of the Olympics (I was very sad it had to come to an end...4 more years of waiting). So I decided to try Thai Thai (last time I went was a Tuesday, which happens to be the one day they are closed). They are opened on Sunday, however, which worked to my advantage last night. I wasn't sure what to try, so I fell back on a simple (and not too adventurous) choice, chicken fried rice.

I also ordered Thai Thai for an appetizer, which reminded me of an Indian samosa with a Thai twist. It was chicken mixed with potatoes, onion, and curry, wrapped in an egg roll skin and fried. Both were very good, and extremely generous portions, so I was able to have leftovers for lunch today. I think Josh and I could split that the next time we go. The restaurant is on 50th Street, just east of Slide.


Tonight Josh was finally back in town (hooray!) and we went back to West Crust Pizza. And once again, it was great! This time we tried the West Tuscan, which has Italian sausage, basil, mozzarella, carmelized onions, parmesan, and is suppose to have sundried tomatoes, but for some reason they put roasted red peppers on ours instead. I actually didn't even notice until I was just looking over the menu, so it obviously didn't bother me! I liked the mixture of the spicier sausage (along with the red pepper flakes I always douse my pizza with), contrasted with the sweet carmelized onion and basil. I love that the crust there is thin and crispy too-so delicious! You can find their website here.

Exercise on my part has still been minimal...well, actually, almost non-existent to tell the truth. I have allowed my busy schedule and laziness to take over. I brought my running shoes all the way to Tyler with me and had the best intentions of going for a run, but the chance to sleep in a bit was just too tempting! The weather in Lubbock has been cold, and we have had quite a few wet days as well, so the great outdoors is not exactly calling my name. I enjoy some cold winter days, but after having had some warm, sunny days, I am ready for the spring weather to come and stay for good!

Someday soon I will be giving you a real update of wonderful cardiovascular feats accomplished by yours truly, or at least I keep telling myself that.

No comments:

Post a Comment