Thursday, February 25, 2010

Breakfast Date


Josh left town this morning for a mock trial competition in Phoenix, so we decided to have a little breakfast date before he left. I made bacon, scrambled eggs, and whole wheat toast. I bought this new pomegranate jelly that was really good on the toast. It was nice to enjoy a meal together before he had to leave.

Last night we went out on a date to a new restaurant in town called Rain Uptown. It is on 98th St. between Quaker and Slide. I had been wanting to try it for awhile, so I was glad we finally got to check it out. The atmosphere in the restaurant was pretty nice, and we thought the food was okay, but nothing great. At dinner they serve all Italian dishes, and it's a bit pricey. We don't go out for Italian much, because it is so much cheaper to make it at home, and at most restaurants it isn't that much better than at home. It seems like making above average authentic Italian dishes is an art that few have mastered (especially in West Texas). Also, the wine list at the restaurant was mostly cheap wines you can buy by the bottle at the grocery store for almost the same price they were charging for one glass. If I am going to pay that much for a glass of wine, I would rather it be something unique. I have heard that the restaurant has a really good breakfast, and I think their lunch menu might have a little more variety, so we may try it again, but probably not for dinner.

I will be here in Lubbock by myself tonight, but tomorrow I am flying to Tyler to see my parents. I am looking forward to spending time with them. I am actually flying in to Dallas, and we are going to go out to dinner there, so I will write about where we go, as well as anywhere we eat out in Tyler.

1 comment:

  1. I've been to Rain Uptown for breakfast and thought it was good. I had their sweet potato pancakes.

    ReplyDelete