Saturday, February 13, 2010

Texas Music Makes Me Sing

The other day I found this great spinach and cheese ravioli on sale, so I thought I would pick some up and give it a try. I made it for lunch on Friday, and it was really good and very easy to make. I just followed the package directions, then topped it with olive oil, fresh grated parmesan, and fresh chopped parsley. I may have to try this again (although, if it is not on sale it's a little pricey). It made 2 decent size portions, good for lunch, but may not have been sufficient for dinner.


Last year we discovered a great local graphic artist named Dirk Fowler at the Lubbock Arts Festival. He is well-known for his "gig posters," which he prints individually for various concerts. Many are Texas musicians, but he has a wide variety. At the time, we bought a poster he had made for the Buddy Holly Music Festival a few years back. We later decided we should buy 2 more of his posters to hang with it above our bare fireplace (it had been empty awaiting inspiration). So, we finally ordered 2 more, a Lyle Lovett poster, and a Merle Haggard one (you've got to support great Texas musicians, right?). Now Buddy is not alone on the mantle! We are very pleased with the new look. If you want to check out Dirk Fowler's work, his website is here.

Today I finally got around to working out again! I went to the Rec Center at Tech and rode an exercise bike for about 30 minutes. I like working out on the machines there because each of them has a television, so I was able to watch Food Network as I exercised. The exercise bike always tricks me because while I am doing it I don't think it is too hard, but once I get off, my legs remind me I was working pretty hard!

Tomorrow I am cooking lots of delicious food for Valentine's Day, so there should be some good recipes to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment