Saturday, February 20, 2010

Supper Time!

Tonight for dinner I made pork chops, peas, and homemade macaroni and cheese. The peas were frozen peas heated in the microwave (very simple). To make the pork chops, I seasoned both sides with salt, pepper, garlic pepper, and herbs de provence. I melted a tablespoon of butter on medium-high heat in a pan, then added the pork chops to it. I cooked them for about 2-3 minutes per side, then let them sit on the plates tented with foil for a few minutes. I also poured the remaining butter and bits from the pan on the pork. It was very flavorful. Josh loved them. For the mac and cheese I used a recipe I found in Southern Living a few years back, but I couldn't find it online to share with you. It was good, but I think I want to try some new mac and cheese recipes next time.


Today I went to the Tech Rec Center and worked out on the eliptical machine for 30 minutes, which was good. Then, at home I did some weight and ab workouts. I haven't been doing much running/cardio workouts, but I feel like I have been able to do strength and core exercises since they are easy to do at home.

I have 2 big motivators to help me get in better shape (which is very helpful). First, for Spring Break (which is less than a month away), I am going to Florida with my brother and his family, so swimsuit season will be coming sooner than expected. I just ordered a new swimsuit from JCrew today, and I am hoping it fits well! Also, my sister is getting married in May, and I would like to look good in those pictures (and my bridesmaids' dress)! So, I will keep trying to be healthy and exercising to get ready for both of those events!

3 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried any of the group classes at the Rec? I got pretty into them my last semester, and they were always such a killer cardio workout. You should try the Bosu class or the Cardio Kickboxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you order from JCrew, you're ordering it from none other than Lynchburg, VA!! (and they have a clearance store AND occasional huge warehouse sales, too, so keep that in mind this summer!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative in the kitchen! I used to be so good at cooking several times a week. We hardly ever eat out now because my food choices are very limited. I need some of your creativity to help me get going on my limited menu.

    ReplyDelete