Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Stir Fry

Last night I made an old favorite of ours, stir fry. I use to make this all the time when we first got married, and had not made it in awhile, so I decided it was time. This is such an easy dish to make, and you can make so many different variations. Last night I made ours with chicken, zucchini, carrots, red bell pepper, green onions, peanuts, and garlic. It is also great with shrimp, or just veggies.

To start, I marinated 2 chicken breasts in this great Teriyaki sauce, which Josh and I both love. I then cut up the chicken into cubes.


This was my prep area before I began. It helps me to have everything prepped and ready to go when I am about to cook. I have here the chicken, chopped zucchini, lightly salted roasted peanuts, chopped carrots, diced green onions, and 1 diced red bell pepper. I also have my wonderful wok! You can make this in a regular pan, but the wok is just so much more fun!

First, I heat the wok on medium-high heat (make sure it is pretty hot before you start cooking), pour about 1-2 tablespoons and make sure it is spread well around the pan. Next, pour carrots, green onions, garlic, and red pepper in the wok. Heat for a few minutes, then add zucchini. It is good to add this later, because it will get mushy if it cooks too long. After a couple of minutes, add chicken, and cook until it is cooked through. Add peanuts at the end and mix around. Serve on top of steamed rice.

We like to top ours with soy sauce, a little more of the teriyaki, and this hot chili sauce (so good). You don't need much of it, it's pretty spicy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word! I've never seen anyone who wasn't on TV take the time to put everything in prep bowls. That is AWESOME! I wish that someone else would prep for me. I don't mind cooking but I need a sous chef to do the prepping. Looks yummy! We do stir fry a whole lot becaue it's a great way to consume many vegetables at once.

    ReplyDelete