Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Meals..A.M.

This morning, we started our Valentine's Day celebration with a nice big breakfast. I cooked bacon and scrambled eggs with blueberries and strawberries. It was a wonderful way to start the day! I decided to make the eggs extra tasty by scrambling them in the pan with the remaining bacon grease. I know it sounds gross (and unhealthy), but it sure is delicious! You just don't want to make your eggs like this too often!

I bought bacon from the deli counter at the grocery store, where you can buy it by the slice, and it is nice and thick. Then I sprinkled cracked black pepper over it and cooked it in a pan until it was nice and crispy. After removing the bacon, I drained most of the grease (but left enough for some good flavoring for my eggs), then poured the eggs in the pan (after removing it from the heat, because the pan is very hot).

For the fruit, I placed chopped strawberries and blueberries in a bowl, then sprinkled about 1/2 tsp. of sugar over them. Mix it around, and let it sit, and it gives the fruit a nice sweet flavor! This would make a great dessert too.

1 comment:

  1. Chelsea, you are quite the little Suzy Homemaker. Great job on a well balanced meal! And, I could even eat most of this - all except the bacon and bacon greese.

    ReplyDelete