Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter Weekend

Okay, it has been forever since I have written. Life has been busy! Last weekend we went out of town for Easter. Josh and I drove to Dallas Thursday night and spent the night there, and most of the day Friday. We picked up my sister at the airport in Dallas that night, then went to Tyler to see my family for the weekend.

On Friday we went to lunch at one of my favorite Dallas restaurants, Mi Cocina. They have a few locations, usually we go to the one in Highland Park Village, but since our hotel was near the Galleria, we ate at the one there. It is right on the ice rink, so you can watch people skate, which is very entertaining!

They have good lunch specials. I ordered the #5, which is: One Cheese Enchilada, One Beef Taco, One Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada, for $8.75, and I actually only ended up eating the taco and the chicken enchilada, so it was plenty of food!

In Tyler, we ate at Smashburger, which just recently opened in the Southeast Crossing shopping center (Troup Hwy. and Loop 323). This is a national chain. I had the Spicy Baja Burger with sweet potato fries. The fries were great, and the burger was pretty good. Although, of the many new burger chains popping up, I think I like some of the other burgers better. The restaurant had a nice atmosphere, and a great patio (which isn't very common in Tyler).

No comments:

Post a Comment