Friday, April 16, 2010

Sushi Day


On Friday, I brought this sushi to my geography class. I taught them about Japan last week, so I decided to bring sushi. I usually try to find food I can bring from the different places we learn about. I bought this sushi at Market Street here in Lubbock. I didn't want to buy it from a restaurant since I was buying it for the whole class. They have a sushi chef in the store that makes the rolls each day. The box pictured above had a variety of rolls, and was $8.99 (not too bad), and I also bought a box of just vegetable rolls for those students a little unsure of seafood. I think it was about $5. I was surprised that they all ended up trying it and most of them liked it. It is fun to introduce them to new foods.

The sushi was pretty good, especially for the price. I think the fish and all other ingredients are probably higher quality at some of the sushi restaurants in town, but this is great for what it is. I need to pick it up more often since it is so easy and not too expensive. It would be great for parties too!

I forgot to mention in my previous posts that I have lost weight! About 4 pounds from when I started. Getting back into eating healthy and exercising this past couple of weeks has been very good. I have gone back to eating multiple snacks throughout the day, and trying to always eat something for breakfast, even if it just means grabbing a yogurt from the fridge on my way to work. This really helps with controlling portions and not feeling like I am starving (since there are not long stretches between meals). I am going to do my best to keep this up, especially since my sister's wedding is now less than a month away! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment