Monday, April 26, 2010

More Party Food

Here are some pictures from the shower we hosted. Above is the great spread. I made my salsa, the cream cheese pound cake, and the great blueberry-almond-lemon cookies. The other hostesses contributed some wonderful food as well, so there was plenty of great food!

These are the blueberry-almond-lemon cookies. You can find the recipe here. The only things I changed were not using almonds (I don't like nuts in cookies, but there is almond extract, so you still get the flavor), and instead of putting the dough in the fridge, I spooned the dough onto the cookie sheets then placed it in the freezer for about 5 minutes. This is a trick I got from the Cooking Light cookbook. It allows the cookies to maintain their shape and not flatten out too much when cooking. I also just bake them about 10 minutes. I like them soft, so I just keep an eye on them and pull them out before they get any brown on them.


And last but not least, my salsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment