Monday, April 26, 2010

Great Light Meal

Monday night I made a healthy meal for dinner (which I definitely needed after all the sweets this weekend!). I found salmon fillets on sale a couple of weeks ago, and kept them in the freezer. I decided to bring them out tonight. I placed the 2 salmon fillets in a baking dish, then made the following mix to pour over the fish:
  • 2 tbsp. melted butter
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • Lemon juice (about 1 wedge)
  • Pepper
Pour this mixture over the fish and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. I also cooked the asparagus in the oven at the same temperature for about the same amount of time. I placed the asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzled it with a mixture of olive oil, minced garlic, and pepper. I served white rice as well.

Josh and I both loved this meal. It was so flavorful, yet still light and healthy!

I also played another basketball game Monday night, which, as always, was a great workout. Halfway into our game, one of my teammates told me that most of the women on the opposing team were former Texas Tech basketball players, which definitely made sense! These women were so fast, could shoot 3's without a problem, and had huge muscles. It was kind of funny to me to compare my scrawny, somewhat flabby arms, and my slow-moving body with theirs! Oh well, it was still fun and a great workout, even if they did cream us!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! We have this meal ALOT now, because it's so healthy for you and it's also gluten free!! (and I couldn't help but laugh just imagining you with those Tech b-ball players! You have always been brave!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had ALMOST the EXACT same meal on monday, only ours was tuna steaks. I'm trying to convince Timothy that we need to eat more fish. He's not convinced. But we had asparagus and rice, too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete