Monday, April 26, 2010

Best Cake Ever!

On Saturday I co-hosted a shower for two friends of mine who are both getting married in the next few months. I also had a birthday party that night for three friends of mine who have birthdays this month. So, I decided to pull out the big guns for this festivity-filled Saturday. I baked two delicious cream cheese pound cakes.

My kitchen turned into a bakery, and I was up way late baking away, but it was definitely worth it!

I found the recipe for this cake in Southern Living a few years back. It was the first cake I ever made from scratch, and it is absolutely amazing! Everyone that tries it always loves it too. You can find the cake recipe here. You can find the recipe for the icing here.

This is the batter-rich and delicious!

Here is the cake first thing out of the oven.


And here is the final product-voila! Strawberries or other fresh fruit make a great garnish around the cake. If you are going to break the diet, this cake is the way to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment