Friday, April 9, 2010

Attempting to Get Back In the Game...

So, with all of the busyness lately, I have not been eating well. I decided on our way home from our Easter trip that we really needed to get back to cooking at home more regularly and eating healthier.

So, on Tuesday night I made this wonderful meal. I had seen something similar in a recent issue of Sunset magazine, and just changed it up a bit. It was easy and delicious! This would be a great brunch meal for guests, or just a Sunday morning on your own.


With the leftover ciabatta, I have enjoyed a nice appetizer throughout the week of ciabatta with a dipping sauce made of toasted garlic, crushed red pepper, Italian seasoning, and a little salt. Yum! The only problem is it's so good I want to eat tons of it!

Last night I made an easy pasta with this Arrabiata sauce I found at World Market. Making homemade pasta sauces is great, but it's always nice to have this on hand when I want to make a quick, easy, and healthy dinner.

I poured this sauce over whole wheat noodles and sauteed zucchini, and topped it with a little grated parmigiano reggiano. The sauce was good and had a really nice spice to it. I will definitely try it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment