Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Baked Potatoes Two Ways

I bought a bag of baking potatoes recently for a specific recipe, and since I had so many potatoes, I figured I would use them! So, last night I made this great appetizer/snack/should have just been my meal. I cut 2 potatoes into wedges and placed them on a foil-lined baking sheet, and drizzled them with a little melted butter. Then I baked them at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes (just until they are a little soft and some were beginning to brown). Once I took them out of the oven, I covered them with shredded cheese, chopped chives, bacon pieces (that I made on my own), and season salt and pepper.

I should have added the cheese to the potatoes for the last couple of minutes they were in the oven to make the cheese melt completely, but I forgot, so I had to stick them in the microwave. So you could do either one. Also, as the true Texas girl that I am, I drizzled some Ranch on top (don't worry, it was light). So, this may not have been the most healthy of snacks, but it was delicious!


For lunch yesterday, I made a baked potato for a fresh, fast meal. I cooked the potato in the microwave (since my lunch break was short), then filled it with bacon pieces (homemade), shredded cheese, chopped chives, butter, season salt, and pepper. This was a great way to have a somewhat healthy (think portion size) and tasteful meal for lunch. There are so many variations with baked potatoes too, depending on what you decide to fill them with, and potatoes are a pretty cheap and healthy option!

No comments:

Post a Comment