Thursday, April 29, 2010

Steak Dinner + Best Mashed Potatoes Ever + Amazing Cheese=One Amazing Culinary Experience!

Tonight I had a nice appetizer of crackers and havarti dill cheese. My grandmother use to always have havarti dill out before family dinners, and it was a favorite of mine. So, I decided to buy some the other day. It is a great creamy and flavorful cheese.


For dinner I made steaks, bacon-wrapped asparagus, and mashed potatoes. For the steak, I basically followed a recipe I came up with a little while back. You can find it here. This time I used fresh chives and chopped garlic also. For the asparagus, I wrapped them in bacon and baked them at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes (until bacon is browned), if the bacon doesn't cook all the way, you can turn it to broil for a couple of minutes.

Now, to the most amazing part, I came up with a new version of mashed potatoes tonight that were absolutely delicious! I was inspired by the havarti dill I had before dinner and decided to use it in the potatoes. This is how you make my havarti dill potatoes: Bake 3 small baking potatoes at 400 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour (don't forget to poke holes in the potatoes with a fork before baking). Next, cut the potatoes in half, remove flesh, and place in mixing bowl. Add about 2-3 tbsps. butter, about 1/2 cup shredded havarti dill, salt, and pepper. Use mixer to combine all ingredients. These potatoes were my favorite mashed potatoes ever! They were so creamy and flavorful. I would definitely recommend trying them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment