Saturday, January 2, 2010

Good Shrimp Recipe

Today I filled my body with junk food (remember, I am not trying to be healthy yet), but last night I did try a new recipe that was very good. Josh and I both loved it. I found it in the Cooking Light Complete Cookbook. It's the Spicy Peanut Noodles with Shrimp. I changed a few things due to personal preference, but it is mostly the same.

This recipe was full of flavor, and very filling (yet still healthy)! It was also quick and easy to make. I used the amount of chile paste the recipe called for, and the sauce was about medium-spicy. So, if you like it more mild, or more spicy, you can adjust the amount of chile paste. I also used zucchini instead of cucumbers (I am not a big fan of cucumbers), and I used half a pound of shrimp since it is so expensive out here in West Texas (not exactly close to the coast). I think this would taste good as a vegetarian dish by removing the shrimp, or with chicken instead of shrimp (which I might do next time to fit my budget better). Another change I made was sauteing the pepper and zucchini for a few minutes (just to soften them up a bit).

Some of the ingredients, such as the chile paste, udon noodles, and rice vinegar might not be available at your grocery store. I found them at World Market, so if you have one, you may want to check it out, or an Asian grocery store if you have one.

I don't have a picture of this dish, although in the future I will try to have pictures with most dishes I make.

Try it out and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. oooh chels! this looks delicious. i'm going to try it next grocery trip.

    ReplyDelete