Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Breakfast for Dinner (and Breakfast)


When we got back from our trip to Texas for Thanksgiving, I looked through our fridge to figure out meals for the week trying to use mostly what we already had. I had eggs and bacon, so decided to make some grilled breakfast sandwiches for dinner.

I began by frying bacon in in a skillet until it was nice and crispy (crispy bacon makes me happy), then set it on paper towels to soak up some of the grease. I drained most of the grease out of the pan, but left just a bit (this adds so much flavor to your eggs), then fried eggs over easy and sprinkled a little pepper over them). After the eggs were done, I assembled sandwiches with bacon, one egg, and cheese for each of us. Then I grilled them until the cheese was nice and melty (I added a little olive oil to the pan before grilling). These sandwiches were delicious and make a great dinner or breakfast!

Trader Joe's is one of my favorite stores ever. If you haven't experienced it, you are truly missing out. Most weeks I make multiple trips there. Besides the usual groceries, they have so many tasty little goodies like this pumpkin butter (it's seasonal, so you may have already missed the boat on this one folks). Anyway, I love spreading it on toast accompanied with fruit for a great breakfast. The morning I took the picture below I had pear with it, which happens to be one of mine (and Jack's) favorite fruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment