Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Easy Pancakes

On Sunday morning we woke up to a beautiful blanket of snow at our house. I love it when it snows here. The mountains look gorgeous and nothing is cooler than snow in the desert! I took this picture with our iPad through the window and managed to catch a little reflection. This was not my attempt at artistic photography in case you were wondering. 


Inspired by the beautiful morning, I decided to make pancakes. I use to think you only made pancakes with box mix because homemade would be too much work. Now I know that making pancakes from scratch can be very simple. Plus, the ingredients are things you most likely have around your kitchen anyway. I just searched pancake recipes on the Food Network website and found this recipe.  The only ingredient I was missing was nutmeg, so I sprinkled in a little cinnamon instead. It would be just as good without either as well. 

These pancakes were very good, especially for something that can easily be thrown together at the last minute. You could also add to it like throwing in blueberries or mashed bananas. This is definitely something I will make again. 

My favorite pancake recipe is another Food Network one from Tyler Florence, his Ricotta Pancakes. But they are a little more time consuming and require ingredients you may not have on hand. So, they are my "special occasion" pancakes.

I have a feeling this pancake recipe will be one I will return to often, especially on those mornings (or evenings) when I can't figure out what to make! And by the way, Jack loved them. It's a perfect toddler breakfast. I didn't give him any syrup or butter. I figure I will keep those away from him until he's old enough to ask for it. If he's happy without the extra sugar and fat that's just fine with me (If only I was content to eat them that way)! 



No comments:

Post a Comment