Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Open Faced Prosciutto and Egg Sandwich


Yesterday morning I was inspired to use what I had in my kitchen to make an open faced prosciutto and egg sandwich for breakfast. Well, actually, I was inspired the night before and went to bed thinking about it. I rarely have much happening in my brain when my sweet son wakes me up before sunlight.

I sliced a baguette in half horizontally, drizzled it with olive oil, and grilled it on my panini press. Then I placed provolone cheese and prosciutto on top. I fried an egg over easy on the panini press as well (minimal clean up), placed it on top of the prosciutto, and sprinkled with pepper.


This was so good and easy! Although, it was not the peaceful, calm morning I was hoping for. I imagined myself slowly enjoying my breakfast, drinking my coffee, and reading articles online (I guess I was still in dreamland). But once I had the sandwich made and snapped the last photograph, the demands of the morning got in the way. So I slapped one piece of bread on top of the other (meaning it was no longer and "open-faced" sandwich) and scarfed it down. At least I got to eat it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment