Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cajun Egg Salad

I love a good egg salad sandwich. It's one of those things I have always loved but often don't think to make. It's especially great for anytime you would like a sandwich but have no deli meat around. I almost always have the ingredients around and can make it easily.

Classic egg salad is good, but I enjoy mixing things up a bit. So if you are bored with plain egg salad, give my Cajun Egg Salad a try.

You will need:
  • 6 hard boiled eggs
  • 2-3 tbsp. mayonnaise
  • 1/2 tbsp. yellow mustard
  • 2-4 dashes Tabasco pepper sauce
  • 2-3 generous dashes Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
  • Salt & Pepper, to taste

Chop eggs and place in bowl. Stir mayonnaise and mustard into eggs gently with a  spoon or small spatula. Start with smaller amounts and you can always add more to suit your taste. Add Tabasco and Creole seasoning. Tabasco is spicy, so if you prefer mild flavors, start with one dash and add more if needed (I prefer more). Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and stir all ingredients together.

I like to spread mine on toasted wheat bread. This recipe will make enough for 3-4 sandwiches, depending on how thick you spread it on.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! That looks delicious and sounds easy to make: perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife's is as good as yours. How do I know? It's the same recipes! lol Only thing is she's old school and doesn't measure it, just eyeballs it. So I can say yours is a great recipe I guaranteeeee! lol

    ReplyDelete