Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pimiento Cheese Crostinis




This weekend I hosted a baby shower for a friend. I wanted to make something that would be easy to prepare ahead of time. So I decided to make Pimiento Cheese Crostinis. These are so easy to put together, and you can prep most of it a day in advance (I planned on doing that, but ended up working on all of it the morning of the shower). I was inspired by a recipe from Food & Wine to use my pimiento cheese on crostinis with bacon. I mean, you can never go wrong with bacon!

You will need:
  •  16 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 2-2 oz. jars diced pimientos, drained
  • 5 tbsp. mayonnaise
  • 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 tsp. cayenne
  • Salt & Pepper
  • 8-12 slices of bacon
  • 2 baguette loaves
Place cheese, pimientos, mayonnaise, vinegar, and cayenne in a bowl and stir together. Add salt and pepper to taste. This pimiento cheese spread can be refrigerated overnight.

Sprinkle pepper on bacon and cook until crisp. Crumble bacon into small pieces and set aside.

Slice baguettes and lay slices on baking sheets. Spread pimiento cheese mixture onto bread and sprinkle with bacon. Bake in 400 degree oven for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.



This time I used half of the cheese mixture on one baguette. I saved the rest of the pimiento cheese to have on crackers or to make sandwiches.


These are so amazing and easy to make. It's the perfect appetizer for any party and is always a crowd-pleaser!















No comments:

Post a Comment