Friday, January 4, 2013

Easy, Healthy Breakfast


This morning I wanted something light and easy for breakfast. I was popping a frozen waffle in the toaster for Jack (don't worry, it's multi-grain, so it's a little healthier, right?), so I decided to make one for myself. I have seen in both Cooking Light and Self magazines the use of part skim ricotta cheese to spread on breads and such for a healthy meal or snack. I have never considered using ricotta for anything but lasagna or pasta, but I had some leftover in the fridge and figured I'd give it a try. So I spread it on a waffle along with some blueberry jam. I ate it with bananas and a small glass of orange juice. This was a great alternative to my usual oatmeal or toast. It was filling yet still light and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment