Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I Love Breakfast Food!

This post is dedicated to all the wonderful breakfast foods out there. I love most everything that is available for breakfast, which I think I got from my dad. My dad eats a big breakfast almost every morning, and loves cooking breakfast foods too. The funny thing is, when I was a teenager, I went through a stage where I refused to eat breakfast foods, which I guess was my odd way of rebelling as a teenager...teenage girls are strange.

I found a great Buttermilk Pancake and Waffle Mix from Arrowhead Mills that I tried for the first time on Monday night. It is all natural, and a little healthier than most other ready mixes. I followed the instructions on the package for waffles, and used my waffle maker. We got our waffle maker as a wedding gift three years ago, and although it is the very expensive one we registered for, we had yet to master the art of making the perfect waffle with it...until now. Our waffles on Monday night were very good and really easy to make. I topped them with fresh fruit and real maple syrup...yum.


For breakfast the other day, I made whole wheat toast topped with two slices of bacon, scrambled eggs, fresh grated parmesan, and fresh basil. I also had some great fresh fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment