Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hill Country Breakfast

Last weekend Josh and I went to San Marcos, Texas to see his brother and sister-in-law, as well as to meet up with Josh's parents. We had a great time enjoying the beautiful Hill Country. We ate at some good restaurants, and one I have pictures of. The Root Cellar Cafe is in downtown San Marcos and has an excellent breakfast. If you are ever in the area, give it a try!

Josh ordered the Brazilian French toast, which was soaked in a vanilla rum sauce.

I ordered Migas, which is a favorite of mine, and their version was excellent! Very fresh and delicious!

Before our trip, I made this breakfast dish one day, which is similar to one I have made before. I did not have the green bell pepper, jalapeno, or green onion, so I just topped the tortilla and fried egg with black beans, roasted green chiles, salsa, cheese, and chili powder. It was very good, healthy, and cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment