Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Beach Breakfast

Today was our first day at the beach, and it has been wonderful! The morning began with a fun breakfast date with my sweet nephew, Jay. We walked over to the town of Seaside. We ate at the Great Southern Cafe, which I have been to for dinner, which is fantastic, but this was my first time to try their breakfast. I ordered the Eggs Benedict which was made with bacon instead of ham (much better if you ask me), and is also served with cheese grits (yum!). It was delicious! Jay helped me eat it, and judging by the speed with which he ate it, I think he liked it too! We sat out on their covered patio area, which was great with a 2 year old because I wasn't worried about him making a mess or running around a little. And the waitress put the T.V. above the bar on "Sesame Street," which is his favorite! I would highly recommend this restaurant to any of you who might be traveling this way. You can find their website here.

For lunch, Josh and I went on a date to Bud & Alley's Pizza Bar which was also in Seaside. This restaurant is a little newer (Bud & Alley's has been in Seaside for awhile, but their pizza bar and taco bar are more recent additions). We sat out on the terrace, which backs up to the sand dunes and the beach, and is a wonderful, comfortable setting. We ordered the Prosciutto di Parma pizza, which had prosciutto, arugula, mozzarella, garlic, and tomato sauce. It was really good, and the perfect size for two people to split. Here is their website, sorry, my pictures did not turn out well.

For dinner, Josh, Jay, and I went to pick up food in Seaside at Barefoot BBQ, which is a cute little airstream trailer on the side of the road with great food. We both had pulled pork sandwiches, which were great, and wonderful sweet tea. I did not get any pictures here because I was too busy carrying our to go containers and drinks! We were going to eat there outside, but it was a little chilly, so we brought it back to the house.

Well, I will write more tomorrow, and hopefully have some more tasty things to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment