Thursday, May 30, 2013

Watermelon Slushie


Last summer Jack and I were at a play date and one of my friends made us watermelon slushies. They were so refreshing and delicious, I decided it would have to become a regular summer treat at our house. So now that watermelons are back in season, I have been making this for Jack and me all the time.

Here is what you will need to do:
  • Freeze cubed watermelon in zip top freezer bags. I usually freeze half of each watermelon I buy and use the other half to eat on it's own. This way you are not stuck with way too much watermelon!  
  • Place about 2-4 cups of frozen watermelon in a blender. You may have to use a knife to break the pieces apart.
  • Add 1-2 cups of water or coconut water and about 1-2 tablespoons of sugar. 
  • Blend together until smooth. You may need to add more water as you go. 
This makes plenty for Jack and me. You can also add lime or lemon juice. And if you have simple syrup, you can use it instead of sugar. Or you could add tequila and triple sec for a margarita! 

This is a wonderful, healthy treat, perfect for a warm summer day!

No comments:

Post a Comment