Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cinco de Mayo Lunch


Today for lunch I decided to make something with the few things we had on hand. Black beans, cheese, and tortillas made quesadillas an easy choice. I also had some salsa I had made last week. So we had an impromptu Cinco de Mayo lunch party.

I changed up my salsa just a little this time, based on what I had on hand. I used:
  • one can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles (original), drained
  • one can diced tomatoes, drained
  •  1/2 bunch cilantro
  • 1/2-1 cup hot diced roasted green chiles
  • dash of salt
  • dash of cumin
  • one garlic clove, pressed
Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until you get the consistency you prefer. 



I hope you all had a wonderful weekend with your family and friends like we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment