Saturday, April 6, 2013

Hawaiian Pizza (with Easter Leftovers)


After our wonderful Easter lunch, we had more leftover ham than I cared to spend an entire week eating in sandwiches. So as I tried to think of creative ways to use the leftovers, Hawaiian Pizza came to mind. This was a very simple yet fun way to use our plethora of ham.

I used the canned Pillsbury pizza crust and followed the directions on it for baking the pizza. If you have a homemade crust recipe you like, that would be great too. I spread a little Stubb's Bar-B-Q Sauce on top, which is delicious if you have not tried it. As a native Texan, I cannot buy plain Bar-B-Q sauce. It's just wrong. I then topped it with mozzarella cheese, chopped ham, and canned pineapple chunks (drain first, of course).

So if you're looking for a way to use your leftover ham in the future, try Hawaiian pizza!



No comments:

Post a Comment