Monday, March 25, 2013

Best Green Chile Enchiladas!


As a New Mexican, I am a huge fan of green chile enchiladas. I've tried a few different recipes but never found anything that I really loved. Until now. A few months back, I read this article about New Mexico green chile which also had a recipe. I finally gave it a try this past weekend, and I wish I would have tried it sooner! It was so delicious! The sauce was amazing on it's own, I kept dipping tortilla chips in it while I was cooking.


I just made a few changes to the recipe. I did not use any chicken and used vegetable broth instead of chicken broth because we were having friends over who are vegetarian. Also, I do not have an immersion blender, so I put the sauce in the food processor and pulsed it a few times. Next time I will probably use the blender because it's bigger and might be a little less messy.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Chelsea! Just printed this up. Reminds me a lot of an old ABQ Journal recipe I copied from my mom before getting married.

    ReplyDelete