Friday, February 15, 2013

Reliving My College Days



Once upon a time, I frequented coffee shops. I would read, study, and just enjoy hanging out. After having Jack, this stopped happening. Bringing a toddler along is not ideal and paying a babysitter so that I can sit in a coffee shop is not quite in the budget. So since my sweet mother-in-law is in town this weekend, I asked her if she could watch Jack today so that I could indulge in some "me time."  She said yes without hesitation. It doesn't take much convincing to get her to spend time with her grandson!

So I went to Satellite Coffee and ordered my favorite drink, the Carmel Java. This drink is amazing. Delicious frozen sweetness. Sometimes I drive through Satellite and order this as a treat to myself. When Jack was a baby and a little fussy or it was just a long day, I would take a drive to pick up a carmel java and listen to NPR as I drank it. It was my way of finding peace in the midst of spit up, diapers, and a crying baby.

But rather than experiencing Satellite via the drive-thru, I was able to enjoy my drink in the cozy environment inside. It was wonderful, peaceful, and rejuvenating (and not just because of the caffeine).

I'm thinking I need to do this more often.

Satellite Coffee on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment