Thursday, February 28, 2013

Afternoon in Santa Fe


A couple of weeks ago, Josh and I headed up to Santa Fe for the afternoon. My mother-in-law was in town and happily agreed to stay home with Jack so that we could get away. I always love going to Santa Fe even with Jack in tow, but it is very nice to enjoy the city without an active toddler. We are able to eat at restaurants that might not be as child-friendly and take our time exploring the city and all that it has to offer.


One of the first spots we stumbled into during this visit was Collected Works Bookstore. We could have spent the entire day here looking through the wide variety of books and gifts, drinking coffee, and relaxing.


We also strolled up Canyon Road, which is well-known for its wonderful art galleries. I recently met a man from Santa Fe on a flight from Houston to Albuquerque. He mentioned he has an art gallery on Canyon Road. He gave me his card and I told him I would visit the gallery the next time we were in Santa Fe and I am so glad I did! The Zaplin-Lampert Gallery has a beautiful collection of primarily western art from the 19th and 20th centuries. It was a treat to walk around and look at the incredible pieces. Although I could only afford them in dreams, I still enjoyed dreaming!


No visit to Santa Fe is complete for me without a stop at Design Warehouse. It is filled with wonderful modern furniture, gifts, and accessories I love to walk around and drool over. If I win the lottery someday I plan to furnish my entire house with their goods. And if you're ever in Santa Fe and would like to buy me a gift, anything from this store will do.


After daydreaming at Design Warehouse, we decided to walk across the street and enjoy some tapas at La Boca. I have been there before with friends and wanted to go back and let Josh try it. Once again, I was very pleased with my meal, and Josh loved it too.


We decided to order three different tapas to share. We asked them to bring them out one at a time so that we could take our time enjoying each one. We had the potatoes and chorizo with a fried egg, the shrimp tacos, and the bruschetta  with mushrooms, fried egg, truffle oil & reggianito. 


The food was all delicious once again, the service was great, and the atmosphere was wonderful! This is definitely on my list of Santa Fe favorites and I look forward to returning there soon!









La Boca on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment