Friday, July 27, 2012

Lasagna


Growing up in East Texas in the 80s and 90s, my exposure to Italian meats was non-existent. I always thought ground beef was standard for pastas and lasagnas. I had no idea that there was a whole world of delicious flavorful meats like prosciutto, pancetta, and Italian sausage. Once I discovered these gems, my love for Italian food grew even stronger. So when my mom sent me a recipe for a lasagna made with Italian sausage (she too has expanded her horizons when it comes to Italian food), I decided to give it a try.


My mom found the recipe in a magazine ad for Johnsonville Italian Sausage. It was pretty easy to make and really good. She sent me a copy of the recipe, but you can also find it at the Johnsonville website. You can buy mild or hot Italian sausage. I used hot, and because it was mixed with all of the cheeses and everything else, it really wasn't too spicy. This is a great dish for when you have company because you can make it before they come, and put it in the oven in time for it to be ready after they arrive. This way you're not having to cook with your guests around.

Josh told me the night we had it that it was good, and the following day he said again how delicious it was. That's when you know you've got a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment