Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Milkshakes & Crab Cakes

Remember that milkshake I mentioned in my last post? I got it, and it was delicious! I got the "black and white" flavor, which was a vanilla milkshake with chocolate fudge. It was very good, but I won't be getting these too often, because I am pretty sure it isn't too healthy!

Last weekend Josh and I went to Baltimore. It was so much fun! We rode the train there Saturday morning, spent the night in a hotel there Saturday night, and came back Sunday afternoon. It was so wonderful, for many reasons! We loved the city and the food, and it was really nice to stay in a nice, clean hotel room! We are staying in a shared house with other students doing internships in D.C., so it is not exactly the ideal place for a 27 year old married couple with a baby on the way! Having our own room and bathroom at the hotel was wonderful!

On Saturday we ate lunch at Mothers Federal Hill Grille. My main requirement for a lunch spot was that it must serve crab cakes, since it is Baltimore's signature dish, and they did, so it was a good fit. We both ordered a crab cake sandwich with sweet potato fries. It was really good! The restaurant was in the Federal Hill neighborhood, which was really pretty. There were really neat old houses and fun shops and restaurants.

That day we walked all over the city, which is such a neat town. Each neighborhood was very pretty, and the whole city has lots of character. I can't fit all the pictures on one post, so I am going to continue on the next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment