Sunday, November 11, 2012

Parisian Date


This weekend Josh and I had a wonderful lunch date at P'tit Louis Bistro in downtown Albuquerque. The atmosphere was wonderful, the food was great, our waiter was awesome, and overall it was a wonderful date! I've heard some people describe the place as reminiscent of Hemingway's 1920s Paris, and I would agree.

We ordered the three cheese plate for an appetizer and let the waiter chose the cheeses. They have a different list of cheeses to chose from each day we didn't want to go for ones we had eaten before like brie or gouda, so we were happy to let him decide. I don't remember the names of any of them now, but they were all incredible (and pictured below, although now looking at the picture I remember the one the the dark specks had truffles which was amazing). Just thinking about it now is making me crave them again! We also each ordered a glass of red wine. They just have a house red, white, or rose, but it didn't bother us not to have a selection and we enjoyed the wine we were served. It reminded us of being in Italy and always just ordering the house red wine (which never disappointed). I had the croque madame for lunch which was so delicious, and Josh had the spinach quiche and liked it as well (but he thought mine was better). Overall it was great food, great service, and a lovely atmosphere. I highly recommend it, and hope to return soon!

By the way, we also saw the movie Argo. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out. So good. 


P'Tit Louis Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment